Grading Sustainability in Los Angeles County
UCLA took on the task of evaluating the region’s progress toward sustainability in the nation’s first sustainability (formerly, environmental) report card for a major metropolitan area in 2015. These report cards are data-driven assessments of L.A. County sustainability topics that aim to:
- Measure progress toward sustainability goals and targets;
- Provide strategy and policy recommendations for improving “the grade;”
- Serve as a tool to catalyze discussions across sectors;
- Inform research priorities for the Sustainable LA Grand Challenge;
- Function as a comprehensive resource for implementers and researchers; and
- Engage the media and public.